61 Cozy Reading nook ideas for small and large spaces. Are you looking for reading room ideas to create a little relaxing corner for yourself? Look no further, as I gathered the best corner reading nook ideas for living room, bedroom, balcony, and loft.
Do you feel sometimes overwhelmed and need a small corner to relax and unwind? We all do. A reading nook is a perfect place to escape from the hustle and bustle of the outside world. It’s a place where you can curl up with a good book, or just enjoy some time alone with your thoughts.
No matter how big or small is your place, if you don’t have a cozy corner for contemplating on your private thoughts, then your home might not feel complete. Making your own reading nook is very simple, as long as you lay down some key points.
How to make a nook read cozy
To create a cozy reading nook, follow these simple steps:
1) Decide on the location of your reading nook. You want it to be in a quiet area and have plenty of light coming in.
2) Choose what type of furniture you want for your reading nook: an armchair, futon, sofa, chaise lounge, hammock, etc.
3) Find a window that has direct sunlight coming in during the day and use it as an inspiration for painting the walls.
4) Pick out some bookshelves or other storage options that will fit nicely into your space and add comfort to your room (ex: pillows and blankets).
5) Lastly, add some decorative pieces like plants, a mirror, scented candles, decorative pillows, string lights, or even some artwork to really make your room feel cozy.
Reading nook ideas for small spaces
While window seat reading nook is widely popular, not every house is designed with large-depth windows, therefore, I have included different reading nooks in this post that look amazing for the living room, bedrooms, balcony, and even the loft. Some of the reading day beds from this post are store-bought, and others are self-built with upcycled materials like wood pallets, macrame hammocks, or wooden crates.
By exploring these amazing reading nook ideas, you will get a wealth of inspiration to create your own relaxing corner, but also, how to style and decorate with accessories for the ultimate hygge feeling.
61 Cozy Reading nook ideas for small and large spaces
1. Reading nook with day bed and a beautiful view
2. Reading corner idea for bedroom
3. Cozy reading nook in Victorian house living room
4. Reading nook furniture and decor idea
5. Modern urban reading nook with fireplace
6. Cozy reading nook for bedroom
7. Cozy reading nook for adults
8. Simple reading nook with hanging chair and day bed
9. Window seat reading nook decor idea
10. Boho modern reading nook with a view
11. Cozy winter reading nook next to fireplace
12. Reading nook day bed decor idea
13. Reading nook space for kids
14. Nordic rustic nook with fireplace and woods view
15. Comfy Sofa chair nook reading decor
16. Open plan living room with built-in reading nook
17. Boho cozy reading nook decor ideas
18. Corner reading nook idea
19. Suspended reading nook day bed decor inspiration
20. Built-in reading nook style
21. Living room reading Nook decor idea
22. Rustic reading area decorating idea
23. Reading nook with for kids with canopy
24. Simple modern reading area with cushions
25. Relaxing reading nook with floor-to-ceiling library
26. Reading nook ideas for small spaces
27. Cozy reading area nook built in near the window
28. Rustic reading nook decor ideas
29. Cozy nook living room decor idea
30. Rustic reading area with window seat
31. Farmhouse bedroom with window seat reading nook
32. Reading nook decorating idea
33. Cabin Reading area with a view
34. Simple Reading Nook with view toward the forest
35. Corner reading nook idea for small spaces
36. Bohemian cozy reading nook with day bed
37. Modern reading nook area decor
38. Day bed reading decor for living room
39. Rustic window seat reading nook idea
40. Stylish reading nook with rattan hanging chair for living room
41. Scandinavian reading area with home library
42. reading corner
43. Balcony with reading nook decorating idea
44. Window seat reading nook with library
45. Boho Bedroom with day bed reading area
46. Loft Interior design with reading nook and library
47. Reading nook Idea with window seat
48. Pretty reading nook design idea for small spaces
49. Winter reading corner decor
50. Indoor Hammock with stand for creating a cozy reading corner
51. Rustic farmhouse reading corner decor with daybed
52. Modern reading room decor idea
53. Bedroom reading couch decor
53. Minimalist living room reading area idea
54. Boho balcony reading nook with hammock
55. Window seat reading nook decorating idea
56. Comfy reading corner with armchair next to window
57. Coffee table decor for the reading area
58. Handmade reading day bed made with recycled pallets
59. Reading nook in English Victorian house arched window
60. Cozy reading nook with Canopy for kids
61. Country reading corner decor idea
Cozy And Comfy Reading Nook Space Ideas
Did you like these cozy reading nook ideas? If you did so, please share this post on social media. It will help me grow Missmv blog and post more decor ideas.
Images No. 17, 18, 19, 20, 23, 26, 27, 55,56, 57 courtesy of depositphotos.com