65 Stylish Desert outfit ideas to try for your next trip. Are you planning your next desert getaway? If so, you’re probably looking for stylish desert outfit ideas to make sure you look fabulous. From airy maxi dresses and breezy shorts to lightweight blouses and sun hats, there are plenty of fashionable options that will keep you looking chic while keeping cool in the desert heat.
Are you planning a trip to the desert and looking for some stylish outfit ideas? Look no further! We have compiled 65 stylish desert outfit ideas to make your next trip unforgettable. Whether you’re looking for casual, dressy, or something in between, this collection of desert outfit ideas has something for everyone.
From lightweight fabrics to neutral colors, these outfits are designed to keep you cool and comfortable while exploring the desert. But before we reveal the desert outfit ideas, you might like to know what to expect from such a trip and where some of the most popular desert destinations in the world are.
Most popular desert places and destinations around the world for a gateway
Planning a desert trip can be exciting and overwhelming at the same time, but not when you are prepared and know where you are heading. To help you decide and plan your desert trip, choose your destination from the list below. As soon as you narrow down this important detail, you can move further to the desert outfits for inspiration.
- Dubai, UAE – Dubai is one of the most famous desert destinations in the world, known for its luxurious resorts, camel rides, and desert safaris.
- Marrakech, Morocco – Marrakech is a bustling city located near the Sahara desert, with many attractions such as the Djemaa el-Fna square and the Bahia Palace.
- Sedona, Arizona, USA – Sedona is a popular desert destination in the United States, known for its red rock formations, hiking trails, and spiritual retreats.
- Wadi Rum, Jordan – Wadi Rum is a stunning desert valley in Jordan that offers visitors the chance to go on jeep tours, camel rides, and hiking expeditions.
- Uluru, Australia – Uluru, also known as Ayers Rock, is a sacred site for the indigenous people of Australia and a popular destination for tourists, offering stunning desert views and rock formations.
- Sahara Desert, Morocco – The Sahara Desert is the largest hot desert in the world and spans across several countries in North Africa. Visitors can take part in camel treks, camping trips, and sandboarding.
- Joshua Tree National Park, California, USA – Joshua Tree National Park is a popular desert destination in California, known for its unique rock formations, desert hikes, and stargazing opportunities.
- Atacama Desert, Chile – The Atacama Desert is one of the driest places on Earth and offers visitors the chance to see otherworldly landscapes, stargaze, and go on desert expeditions.
- Namib Desert, Namibia – The Namib Desert is one of the oldest deserts in the world and offers visitors stunning dune landscapes, wildlife, and unique plant life.
- Thar Desert, India – The Thar Desert, also known as the Great Indian Desert, is a popular destination for camel safaris, dune bashing, and cultural experiences with the local Rajasthani people.
What to Expect When Travelling to a Desert Destination
Traveling to a desert destination can be a unique and exciting experience, but it’s important to be prepared for your unique conditions. Here are some things to expect:
- Extreme Temperatures: Deserts are known for their hot and dry climate, so be prepared for temperatures that can reach well over 100°F during the day and drop drastically at night.
- Sun Exposure: The sun in desert regions can be extremely intense, so bring plenty of sunscreens, a hat, and sunglasses to protect yourself from the harmful UV rays.
- Limited Water Supply: Water can be scarce in desert regions, so it’s important to bring enough water with you to stay hydrated. It’s also a good idea to carry water purification tablets or a filtration system if you need to drink from a natural source.
- Sandstorms: In some desert regions, sandstorms can occur suddenly and without warning. It’s important to be aware of weather conditions and take appropriate precautions if a sandstorm is forecasted.
- Wildlife: Desert regions are home to a variety of unique wildlife, including snakes, scorpions, and other venomous creatures. Be sure to stay aware of your surroundings and watch where you step.
- Cultural Differences: If traveling to a desert destination in a foreign country, be prepared for cultural differences and customs that may differ from what you’re used to. Be respectful and mindful of local customs and traditions.
- Unique Landscapes: Despite the challenging conditions, desert regions offer stunning landscapes and natural wonders, such as sand dunes, canyons, and rock formations. Take the time to appreciate and explore the unique beauty of the desert environment.
Ideal clothing for desert trip
Staying cool in the desert heat can be challenging, but when you prepare accordingly, you can cope like a locale. Ideal outfits for desert are loose-fitting clothing: Opt for lightweight and loose-fitting clothes in light colors that allow air to circulate and keep you cool—for example, a flowy maxi dress, loose-fitting linen pants, and a cotton blouse.
- Breathable fabrics: Choose natural, breathable fabrics like cotton, linen, or rayon to help you stay cool in the desert heat. Avoid synthetic materials like polyester or nylon that trap heat and moisture.
- Wide-brimmed hat: Protect your face and neck from the sun’s rays with a wide-brimmed hat. Choose a hat made of breathable materials like straw or cotton.
- Sunglasses: Protect your eyes from the bright desert sun with sunglasses. Choose a pair with polarized lenses to reduce glare and improve visibility.
- Lightweight footwear: Opt for lightweight and breathable footwear like sandals or sneakers. Avoid heavy boots or shoes made of synthetic materials that can trap heat and sweat.
- Scarf or shawl: Carry a lightweight scarf or shawl to cover your head and neck from the sun. You can also use it as a cover-up when visiting religious or cultural sites.
- Sunscreen: Don’t forget to apply sunscreen with at least SPF 30 before heading out. Reapply every few hours, especially if you’re sweating or swimming.
Remember to stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water throughout the day and take breaks in the shade or air-conditioned areas when possible. Stay cool and enjoy your time in the desert!
Best shoes to wear to a desert trip
When it comes to choosing shoes for a desert trip, it’s important to consider factors like terrain, temperature, and potential hazards like rocks and sand. Hiking boots are ideal for walking miles and climbing rocky mountains. Trail runners are a good option for something lighter and more flexible than hiking boots. Choose the ones with good traction, a breathable upper, and a protective toe cap.
Sandals could be another option for desert gateway only if you’re not planning on hiking and just need something to protect your feet from the hot sand while spending little time in the open savannah. Western cowboy boots are also very popular for completing a stunning desert outfit. Paired with a cowboy hat and a boho dress or shorts will make you feel ready to conquer the world. Don’t forget the accessories. Layered necklaces and bracelets are a must, to add a wow factor to your overall look.
Now that you know where are the most famous desert places for a short gateway and you know what to pack for having a memorable experience, get ready to explore these chic desert attire to get ideas to style the clothes that you already have in your wardrobe, or to buy new outfits. The links for the outfits can be found under the picture. Happy desert trip planning!
65 Stylish Desert outfit ideas to try for your next trip
Disclaimer: This article contains affiliate links which means we might receive a commission if you decide to buy something at no extra cost to you.
1. Chic boho outfit for desert
2. Cotton set outfit for desert
3. Comfortable Desert outfit
A scarf is essential if you plan on being outside for a while and don’t want to get burned. Add a white shirt to help keep you cool in the desert heat and some wide-leg pants. These pants are perfect for those who don’t want their legs exposed or sand sticking to them all day long (and trust me, it happens). They also have pockets, so no one has to carry around wallets anymore; just put them right in your pockets!
A pair of sandals would be the perfect addition to your fit because they protect you from getting dirty while still allowing air circulation around your feet, which helps prevent blisters from forming due to sweat buildup during long walks through the sand.
4. Corduroy Flap Pocket Blouse & Trousers
5. Boho Sexy Camel Brown blouse shirt and pants set desert outfit
6. All-white Flowy Pants and scarf outfit for trip to desert
What’s chicer than a crop top? The answer: combine it with some flowy pants. This look is perfect for the desert weather, where you’ll want to cover up your shoulders and arms (and maybe legs) from the sun’s harsh rays. If you’re going to be spending hours in direct sunlight each day while exploring nature or taking photos of beautiful landscapes, sunglasses are absolutely essential!
7. Button Through Blouse & Slant Pockets Trousers desert outfit idea
8. Elegant feminine outfit
A white blouse and a slip dress are perfect for warm weather. The slip dress is a classic piece that will never go out of style and accentuates your body figure. With the white blouse, you can create a simple, comfortable, and chic outfit for the desert. The addition of sandals makes this outfit feel more casual and relaxed, perfect for those extremely hot days in the sand.
9. Comfy desert outfit
10. Concert style outfit with cowboy boots
If you’re looking for a chic desert outfit that’ll help you stay cool, look no further than this bra and mini skirt in combination with cowboy boots. The bra has spaghetti straps that are perfect for keeping your shoulders covered in the heat, while the mini skirt provides ample ventilation along with its eye-catching color. You can easily pair these pieces with your favorite cowboy boots for good traction and complete the desert attire look.
11. Cute desert outfit
12. Burgundy Dress + Sun Hat
Burnt orange is a warm color that pairs well with many other shades, from soft neutrals to bright pinks. The key to pulling off this look is to choose a dress that’s long enough to cover your legs and arms while still being airy enough for summer days.
This burgundy dress would look so good against the yellowish tone of the sand. I love this simple burgundy midi dress because it has a classic silhouette that looks great no matter what shoes or accessories you choose! Add a sun hat on top, whether a boater or fedora, or any other design, and you will have an elegant look.
13. Stylish desert outfit
14. Bandana desert outfit
This is a cute and stylish look that will allow your skin to breathe and will also protect you from the sun. The crop top is always a good choice in the desert because it keeps your skin covered, but it’s also important to wear sunscreen underneath your clothes to not get burned! Bandanas protect your hair and skin from the sun; they’re great accessories for any outfit!
15. Dress outfit for desert
16. Linen summer outfit for women
One of the best ways to stay cool in a desert climate is with a tank top. Linen tank tops are not only comfortable and lightweight, but they also allow your arms to breathe! This makes them ideal for hot weather; pair it with a flowy skirt, and you have the most simple but effective look for summer. Most of your skin is covered by the sunlight, but you can still feel the breeze of the wind.
17. Chic boho desert outfit idea
18. Silk slip dress outfit
Does a long dress sound like it isn’t a good option for a harsh place like the desert? You better reconsider your options and add this charming slip dress to your list.
The term “slip” refers to the fact that this dress style has an additional layer underneath it. This can be in tights or leggings (if you want to keep cool) or simply another layer of fabric that gives it a longer look. A midi slip dress will accentuate the shape of your body. For a desert trip, I recommend pairing it with some lightweight sandals and an oversized beach hat if you like.
19. Desert outfit for teenage woman
20. Flutter linen trousers and tank top desert outfit
Linen attire is great for the desert. This material is light, airy, and has a cool texture that allows the skin to breathe easily – which is exactly what we want in the desert heat! The chai shorts are a classic summer staple that allows pairing them with anything from sneakers to sandals (if you’re feeling fancy). If you don’t have linen in your closet, now’s the time to get one! This combination is one of my favorite one so far!
21. Cute casual desert outfit
22. Sexy desert outfit with Cowboy Boots
A short dress and cowboy boots can be such an iconic look, even in a harsh place like a desert. The cowboy boots are great for desert since they protect your feet from the hot sand and the boho hat. As for the dress, it is designed just perfectly for moving freely. You can wear a long sleeve shirt or kaftan to cover your skin. That will ensure enough protection from the strong sunrays.
23. Stylish desert outfit
24. Savannah Bohemian Cottage Floral Print Dress and Sandals
A flowy maxi dress is a great option for the desert. It’s lightweight, so you’ll stay cool and have room to breathe. I would choose one in white color and as long as possible to ensure full coverage from the runways. In this way, you are sure that you will not get hot, but you will still look beautiful.
Pair this dress with flat or platform sandals to easily remove the shoes if needed. Gladiator sandals could work well, too, with this outfit if you can picture the whole look. As for hair coverage, a straw sun hat is an excellent accessory, especially when paired with sunglasses.
25. Feminine desert outfit
26. Bohemian white dress and gladiator sandals
A bohemian midi dress and gladiator sandals can be the perfect match for putting together a desert outfit. look so lovely. Knowing the desert is hot and dry, you’ll want to wear a fringe hat to protect your hair from the sun. I suggest a fringe hat because it is lightweight and easy to pack in the holiday suitcase. Besides, it won’t take much space since you can fold it. Also, the gladiator sandals can be substituted with cowboy or ankle boots if you really want to keep the sand away from your feet.
27. Shirt and short casual desert outfits for women
28. Boho Asymmetric Cut Skirt and cowboy boots
29. Beige Stradivarius set outfit for desert
30. Breathable and comfy desert outfit
31. Boho Crop Top and Skirt set for Women
32. Sexy desert outfit
33. Cargo trousers and biker boots
While many people opt for denim or linen trousers during summer, cargo trousers are another great choice. Beige cargo trousers are a great choice for a savannah trip because you can move easily, and they protect your skin from sun rays and insects.
Paired with biker boots, cargo trousers, and a turban, it will create the perfect combo outfit where you can handle all situations. Oh, and choose some quality cotton socks for the biker boots to avoid getting blisters when sweating. Don’t forget sunglasses; they are essential to protect your eyes while facing the sun and the wind.
34. Frayed boho Maxi Dress
Chic Desert outfit ideas to try for your next getaway
35. Chic desert attire
36. Sport jumpsuit and Gladiator Sandals
If you’re looking for a chic desert look, try this one. A chic sporty look will allow you to move easily, riding a four-wheel vehicle, a camel, or even walking for a few miles. Sport jumpsuits and gladiator sandals are one of the most practical ways to dress for a trip to desert.
37. Long Flying Dress for desert photoshoot
38. Female Desert attire
39. Latte Colour Flowing Dress
40. Tie-Front Top and Shorts
Tie-front tops are a great summer style. They’re light and breezy, easy to wear, and look great with denim or cotton /hemp material shorts.
Cotton shorts are another popular summertime staple that works well with this top because they’re casual and comfortable. The tie front of the top gives the shorts an extra bit of flair without being too over the top–it’s just enough spice for your outfit without going overboard! This would be perfect for occasions both during the day and at night.
41. Long Flying Dress for artistic vacation photography
42. Leggings and turban desert outfit
Leggings are also a good way to stay covered while hiking or exploring the desert. Tank tops are another good option because they provide coverage without being too hot or heavy. A good pair of sneakers protect your feet from sharp rocks and other dangers on the trail, which makes them ideal for desert wear.
This outfit could not be complete without some accessories of your choice and sunscreen. The sun’s rays can be harsh when reflected off sand or rock surfaces; use plenty of sunscreens when heading outdoors during daylight hours, so your skin doesn’t burn easily from overexposure.
43. Two-Piece Set safari set
A two-piece set is a great way to show off your figure. The top and bottom can be different colors or the same color if you want something more casual. If you’re wearing a two-piece outfit made of denim or khaki cotton, it will look especially good against the sand because those fabrics tend to be light-colored and will reflect light very well in photographs.
This particular outfit also has some skin showing through, which means it’s important that you bring sunscreen with you when going out into the desert during daylight hours! I love pairing this set with sandals, completing the entire look and making it look chic and feminine.
44. Oversized kaftan wrap and cowboy hat outfit
45. Wide Leg Jumpsuit and Fedora hat
46. Crochet Skirt with bra top and large straw hat
If you want the freedom of wearing a bathing suit and protection against sunburns and heat exhaustion, this outfit will do just that! However, only a bikini would be too little, even for a desert trip, so that I would choose a big scarf as the ultimate accessory for this look. The scarf can be arranged in so many ways, and it will keep your neck and chest warm while allowing you to wear a bikini top without feeling too exposed.
To this entire look, you can add some knee-length boots, another good way of keeping your feet comfortable while walking around on hot sand or rocks. The outfit would be more than perfect for a festival in the desert.
47. Classy desert outfit
You don’t need to be a desert dweller to wear this look. A shirt and shorts are a classic pairing that can be dressed up or down comfortably, and a belt is a great way to add interest to the entire look without stretching too much. You can use the belt as an accessory, cinching in your waist, or as the accent piece in your entire look, especially if you choose a bold and more vibrant belt.
48. Matching maxi Dress sandals and purse
Maxi dresses are a great option for the summer, and this one will look great with your boots. The neutral colors of this outfit make it easy to wear with any color palette. It’s also very comfortable, perfect for those hot desert days!
Maxi dresses are easy to style because they can be dressed up or down depending on your mood or occasion. You could add some jewelry or other accessories if you want something more formal-looking, but if not, your maxi dress and the sandals are more than perfect for a walk around town!
49. Midi V-neck Boho silk mini dress
50. Oversized Women Shirt and shorts
51. Western Print Knot Front Flounce Sleeve Romper and cowboy boots Arizona desert outfit
This is it if you’re looking for an outfit that will make people stop and stare. A mini dress with cowboy boots and a hat can turn heads. The best part? It’s easy to pull off!
The key here is contrast: the feminine silhouette of the dress paired with chunky, masculine pieces like boots and hats creates a striking look that will have everyone talking about how great you look. If you’re feeling extra daring, try adding jewelry, perhaps a big necklace or earrings, to take things up another notch!
52. Tank top jeans and boots the perfect combo outfit for desert
53. Tulum Maxi Beach Cover up dress
54. Black short leggings and matching top with turban casual women desert outfit
55. Gypsy Women Goddess Dress
56. Country desert outfit – Linen Bohemian jumpsuit
57. Organic cotton flattering flowy jumpsuit
58. V neck flowy maxi dress
59. Knee-length linen summer dress
60. Floral print long satin dress
61. Oversized denim shirt with knee high boots
62. Casual chic jumpsuit outfit
63. Jeans and boho top stylish outfit for desert
64. Off White Boho Slip Dress and cowboy boots outfit
65. Western Cowgirl Burning Man Festival Outfit
desert outfits Dubai
Did you like this list of desert outfit ideas? Have you found the right outfit inspiration for your next holiday to Dubai? I really hope you enjoy this post, and if you did, please share this post on social media so other ladies can get inspiration for their next vacation outfits.