Gender-neutral name ideas with special meaning
Gender-neutral name ideas with special meaning. If you and your partner find yourself in the situation to choose a unisex baby name, you are not alone. Many people find difficult to choose a name with special meaning for their baby.
Babies are a wonderful gift and all parents cherish their bundle of joy. From the moment you become pregnant, all the small details are starting to build up in your mind. All emotions and changes that occur in your body are just the starts of what you’re about to create.
As the pregnancy evolves, you start to question whether your baby gender might be, therefore a list with gender-neutral names will be really helpful.
We all know how important a name can be for an individual since it establishes the person’s identity.
In today’s modern world when we talk about equality of sexes, is obvious that there is no differentiation in names either. Nowadays, many parents opt for a gender-neutral or unisex name for their baby.
Some unisex names are truly unique and meaningful, and others have slight variations in spellings.
This gender-neutral names list will save you lots of time trying to find a unique and meaningful name for your baby.
Choose a few names from this list to have it when the moment comes to give your baby an identity:
1. AARYA – This beautiful name means Prayer
2. AUSTEN / AUSTIN – means Magnificent or great. For every parent, nothing is greater than their little one
3. BILLY / BILLIE – means a Staunch protector. A person who will stand by your side forever
4. BOBBY / BOBBIE – means Shining or bright
5. CHARLEY / CHARLIE – means Independent. That is every parent’s desire, to see their child grow up to be a confident and independent individual.
6. DYLAN –means a Son or daughter of the sea
7. EDEN – means Paradise or heaven
8. EMERY – means POWERFUL or BRAVE
9. FRANCIS –means a Free soul or liberated
10. GLEN / GLENN – means Sheltered valley
11. JADE / JADEN – means a Precious stone, especially popular in China.
12. JESSE / JESSIE – means Rich or wealthy
13. JULES – means Youthful or lively
14. KELLY – means Warrior or fighter
15. LEE – means The one who lives near the woods
16. LUCY-ANN / LUCIAN – means The one who brings light
You might like to read:
17. NOEL / NOELLE – means Born on Christmas
18. PHOENIX – means Reborn or resurrected
19. RAPHAEL – means God has healed
20. REESE – means Passion or zeal, enthusiasm
21. ROBIN / ROBYN – means Shining, bright, famous
22. SAGE – means The wise one
23. SUNNY – means Bright and cheerful
24. TERRY / TERI – means Smooth, silky
25. TORI / TORY – means Win or victory
26. WYNNE – means Honest or fair
27. XOAN – means God is great/good
28. ZION – means Uplifted or raised up
29. ALEX – means To defend
30. ALEXIS –means the Protector or defender
31. ALI – means Inspirational or sublime
32. DARRYL / DARREL – means Loved one or darling
33. JAMES / JAMIE – means One who follows or loyal
34. KENDALL – means Belonging to the royal valley
35. LONNIE – means One who is ready for battle
36. MACKENZIE – means Favored one or child of a leader
37. MADISON – means Powerful or mighty in war
38. MORIAH – means Taught or guided by God
39. PAYTON / PEYTON – means Coming from a small town
40. ROSHAN – (Indian) – means Brightness of light
41. SAMIN – (Indian) – means Self-disciplined person
42. TANMAYA – (Indian) – means Engrosses or Totally dedicated
43. SUDARSHANA – (Indian) – means a Person who is beautiful all over, inside-out
44. NIRMAL – (Indian) – means Pure, Chaste, Virtuous
45. PRAGNYA – (Indian) – means A learned person, well-known scholar
46. PUNIT –(Indian) – means Pure of heart, holy
47. RAJNI / RAJANI – (Indian) – means Knight/royal
48. KANAK – (Indian) – means Gold
49. KIRTI / KEERTI – (Indian) – means Fame or popularity
50. MADHU – (Indian) – means Sweet like honey
51. GEET – (Indian) – means Melodious song, divine music
52. GOPI – (Indian) – means Protector of cows, unconditional devotees, or lord Krishna
53. AVIKA – (Indian) – means Charismatic personality, bright like the sun
53. CHAND – (Indian) – means Moon
55. CHARU – (Indian) – means Exceptionally beautiful, flower name (Sanskrit)
56. ANUPRIT – (Indian) – means a Symbol of luck & power
57. HARSHA – (Indian) – means Joy, happiness
58. KIRAN –(Indian) – means Rays of sunlight, hope
59. PRAVIN – (Indian) – means Skilled or accomplished
60. UTKARSHA – (Indian) – means Rising or advancing in life
61. AKIRA – (Japanese) – means Clear or bright
62. HIKARU – (Japanese) – means Radiance or light
63. MINORI – (Japanese) – means Truth
64. MASUMI -(Japanese) – means True, clarity
65. SEIKO – (Japanese) – means Force or power
66. YOSHI -(Japanese) – means Righteous one or lucky
67. YUUKI -(Japanese) – means Gentle
68. MAKOTO – (Japanese) – means Sincere
69. JUN – (Japanese)- means Obedient, honest
70. HIRO -(Japanese)- means Generous
71. NOOR / NUR – (Urdu/Muslim) – means Light
72. SHILOH – (Hebrew)- means Peace
73. ARADHYA – (Sanskrit) – means First one
74. CHANG – (Chinese) – means Prosperous
75. NUSRAT – (Muslim) – means Help
76. TANVIR / TANVEER – (Muslim) – means Rays of light
77. SAKAE – (Japanese) – means Prosperity
78. LEI – (Chinese) – means Upright or honest
79. MAKI –(Japanese) – means True or precious
80. NYASHA –(African) – means Mercy
81. HUAN – (Chinese) – means Pleased or happy
The list of names is endless and there are many to choose from every community and religion. It’s up to every individual to envisage what they wish their child to represent in future and select the name accordingly.
They say that a person’s name has an influence on his / her personality, consciously or sub-consciously.
Selection of unisex names is very common these days. Even a simple name will remain in someone’s mind for a long time after you meet. Whether you choose a cool and interesting name, or something less fancy, make sure is easy to spell.
If you have other suggestions, leave a comment below and share your gender-neutral names with others. Is most likely to help others who struggle with this task.